– Step-by-step guide on how to replace old roofing vent pipe flashing boot.
1) Remove nails holding down shingles above the pipe – go up 3 rows.
2) Remove Pipe flashing.
3) Apply sealant to the bottom of new flashing (flange).
4) Slide new boot over the pipe, all the way down, and place firmly over the roof surface.
5) Apply shingles back, over the boot flange, starting first course no more than 6 inches up, from the bottom edge of the flange.
6) Seal between flange and shingles overlapping it.
7) Install shingles all the way up. Nail properly, and seal old holes in the roof and shingles.
See how to replace missing or damaged shingels, for proper shingles removal and re-installation instructions: